Kombucha lends itself BEAUTIFULLY to yummy ice-blocks made with fresh fruit, and these little guys have a sneaky omega boost too, using chia seeds, that the kids won’t even worry about (if they don’t look too closely!).
This recipe couldn’t be simpler and makes four tasty ice-blocks.
- Your favourite flavoured Kombucha - 330mL bottle or 1L bottle depending on the size of your ice-blockmoulds (check how many mL they hold).
- Your favourite organic fruit sliced
1. Add a small splash of kombucha in the bottom of each mould.
2. Pop some slices of fruit into your ice-block moulds. I’ve used mango slices with an Elderflower flavour and strawberry slices with a Mixed Berry Kombucha.
3. Top with extra kombucha to about 4/5ths full.
4. Freeze overnight and enjoy!
Mix and match your favourite kombucha flavours with delicious summer fruits! Slices of kiwi and dragonfruit look spectacular, and what little tot can resist the charms of mixed berries?
Try blending the kombucha with some frozen fruit and seeds for a more solid treat. Get creative with frozen mango and coconut cream if you dare!
Check out Kate’s website, Hobart Green Guide to find the best vegan and eco parts of Southern Tasmania and some great vegan recipes.