Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 500-600 g white fish fillets firm, skinned, and pin boned (I like snapper, blue eye, kingfish, mahi-mahi)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup polenta non-GMO or organic
- 2 tbsp coconut flour any non-gluten flour you prefer or spelt if not gluten intolerant.
- salt to taste
- ½ cup full fat natural or greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- zest of one lemon finely grated
- salt and black pepper to taste
Cut your fish into fingers, about 2cm wide.
In a bowl, beat the egg.
In a second bowl mix the polenta, flour, and salt until combined.
Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat. I cooked mine in a mild coconut oil, but you could also use butter or ghee.
Dip the fish pieces in the egg then toss in the crumb and cook in the hot oil, turning once the crumb browns.
Dairy-free Substitute the yoghurt for homemade or whole egg mayonnaise. My homemade mayo recipe is here.
Egg-free Dip the fish in a little oil or melted butter prior to crumbing.
Coconut-free Choose gluten-free or spelt flour.
These gluten-free fish fingers are easy to make and the yoghurt tartare is just delicious along side it.
Recipe thanks to wellnourished.com.au.
Fish and chips
Combine it with my healthy homemade chips, find the recipe here.
Georgia’s website, Well Nourished, is full of delicious, wholefood recipes, blog articles around health and wellness so much more.