This is an incredibly nutrient-dense breakfast! And topped with some yoghurt and maple syrup… mmmmmm…. it’s proven very popular indeed with our family over the years. I even taught this recipe at an in-person workshop with a bunch of mums and kids. The mums all loved it, and the kids were all asking for seconds and thirds!
The only caveat I would say is not to declare them ‘pancakes’ before you serve them up. If your little ones are expecting ‘pancakes’ as they them, they might give a knee-jerk reaction to these only because they don’t look the same. They’re not traditional pancakes but for the life of me, I cannot think of a better name for them. Once you try them, if you have any suggestions I’m all ears!
Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 5 free range eggs
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp LSA meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 juicy pear / apple grated
- ½ cup frozen organic raspberries
- ½ tbsp maca powder (optional); hemp seeds part swap out for oats
1. Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add some Deodorised Coconut Oil to a fry pan.
3. Add mixture to the desired size.
4. Lightly pat down with the back of a large wet spoon.
5. Cover pan with a lid while cooking.
6. Cook and flip as a normal pancake.
7. Serve warm.
If you’re having trouble flipping it, cut into quarters then flip.